Monday, April 1, 2013

old friends

Today I have been thinking about someone who I let slip out of my  life. Quietly, slowly; it was almost unnoticeable. I think Robert Frost kind of knew what I'm feeling now. 

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice. 


I've had many relationships end in fire; a big fallout with a lot of heat and a lot of destruction. I think the few that have ended in ice make me the most unhappy though, because the days grew colder and things turned to gray, with out me even noticing that summer was fading to a cold and dreary winter. I hope that one day that the sun will shine on this winter, and some of the ice may melt, because I sure do miss the kid. Robert Frost was right, the ice suffices, but the memories before the ice might be just enough to melt it. Unlike the damage done by fire, the damage done by ice may not be permanent. Looking back on some of the times we had together, I want to post something that he said to me once, because it makes me smile and reminds me how much we cared about each other. 

"I see a girl who has changed an incredible amount since we first met. I see a very brave, very sincere, very loving girl who I feel extremely lucky to call my friend. I see a girl who is just trying to find her place in the world and who never ever thinks about herself. I see a girl who has more strength and courage than anyone else I have ever known and probably ever will know. I see a girl that I love with all my heart." 

I hope that you're doing well dear friend. I sure do miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment